About Me

My photo
I am a mother, an artist, a dialysis patient, and a dork.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Tis the season (for insanity!)

Yes, my friends, it happens every year. Stores put out there sales and Holiday decor, family sends ridiculously posed photocards to relatives, and the madness begins!
Ho Ho HO!
I don't know about you, but I certainly begin to lose my mind around the holidays. The stores are packed, the traffic is unbearable, the expectations never live up to reality.
Paper cuts, burns, an endless mess of ribbons and wrapping paper for miles and miles!
You spend hours wrapping gifts, for them to be ripped to shreds in seconds. You spend countless dollars on crap that might be useful or fun for about a day.
Bah Humbug!
But, you know what? We love it. Or we wouldn't do it. Plain and simple. I don't sit and make over 70 ornaments because it is fun, or because "I have to" I do it because I am showing my appreciation and love for those that I care about.
I can't afford to go out and spend a bunch of dollars on a bunch of random worthless crap even if I wanted to. So, I make gifts. They may not be great, they may not be worth anything, but at least I took the time to think of them, to pour myself into something for them.
I personally would rather have a handmade something, than a store bought something.
I was told that I am wasting my time. People wont appreciate the things I do.
I don't care if they end up in the trash can. As long as I tried to do something nice for someone that has meant something to me, that is all that matters.
This year has not gone as planned, some of the things I am making have been put on hold until after the holidays, due to the supplies I ordered not getting sent to me on time! It makes me sad, and I don't have time or money to do something else in time for the season!
But, it hasn't deterred me from trying to make this as special as I can for the people that I love. Even if they aren't getting Ipads and Iphones from me!
Come on people, bring back the love. Lets forget all this crap of who gets the best of the best. Even if you aren't creative, you can write a simple note to show your appreciation. Bring in some cookies for staff. Anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment